Former Captain of India, A Best Finisher, Captain Cool and so on. Several names behind a single man, Yes we are talking about the most successful cricket captain of India Mahendra Singh Dhoni. We can say the most dependable, responsible and versatile player of India. It’s being a long time MSD serving for India. Mahendra Singh Dhoni debut against Bangladesh and he played his first test match against Sri Lanka in 2005. He identified by fans after his unbeatable innings of 183 runs. Later he served as an Indian captain in more than 331 matched across all formats. Recently Dhoni resign as a Captain from all formats and Virat Kohli become captain of Indian Cricket Team. On 31th August 2017 MS Dhoni played his 300th ODI against Sri Lanka.
Check the records he has achieved till now.
- Only captain to win all ICC events (WC, CT & WT20)
- Captained in 311 matches across all formats – Most by any player in cricket history
- Average in successful run chase 101.84
- Has finished an ODI chase with a 6 on 9 occasion
- Only Indian batsmen to hit 200 sixes in ODIS
- Most scored in when batting at 6 or lower (4601 Runs).
- His inning 183* vs. Sri Lanka was the highest individual score ever by any wicket-keeper.
- Has a records 40 Unbeaten innings in ODI.
- Most successful dismissal by any Indian wicket-keeper ever across all formats (737).
Above are the major records created by Dhoni but we all know that MSD never played for his individual records. He promoted youngster in team and changed traditional Indian way of cricket in 2007 ICC World T20. His leadership quality is an inspirational part for all young cricketers the way Dhoni takes decision, the variation in his batting style. We all the those last over target achieved by MSD either that is world cup of IPL matches. MSD’s DRS is always a part of discussion among the fans. We wish him a long journey with Indian Cricket Team.